Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Blog Spotlight: Chasing Amazing...One man's quest to collect all issues of Amazing Spider-Man

I recently came across a pretty neat blog, it's called Chasing Amazing. The blog is written by Mark Ginocchio and was started as a chronicle of his journey to collect every issue of Amazing Spider-Man. You are probably aware, but that is quite the undertaking! There are over 700 issues of the series and many of the key books are going to put a major dent in your wallet. By the time I had discovered Mark's blog, Chasing Amazing, he had already completed his collection, he has effectively caught "Amazing"!

 Even though his journey is complete, Mark has chosen to keep writing for his blog. Now he writes reviews of recent Spidey issues and reminisces on issues past. Presently he is doing a series where he counts down the 10 greatest Peter Parker/Mary Jane stories, I am really enjoying it so far. On his blog you can also find his podcast, Amazing Spider-Talk. Mark also maintains a blog roll so you can check out some of the blogs he frequents. The blog has been going strong since 2011 so there's plenty of posts to keep you busy. 

I can really appreciate Chasing Amazing because I have had the same dream of collecting all issues of Amazing Spider-Man...only in my case it will stay a dream. I have a handful of the key issues like 31, 33, 101, 121, 122 but unless I hit the lotto I am not getting those books in the top 10. Writing this just reminded me that my dad had a long box of old Amazing Spider-Men that were sucked up by a tornado that swallowed his apartment...*pour a 40 out....

Anyways, if you love Spider-Man or just appreciate stories about collecting, check out Chasing Amazing! 


A portion of my Amazing Spider-Man collection

No comments:

Post a Comment