Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Product Review: Marvel Legends Spider-Man Infinite Series Hobgoblin Wave


I'm sure there are toy collectors that were less then excited to hear of another Spider-Man themed wave of Marvel Legends and another Spider-Man figure, I am not one of them. Last year Hasbro released the Ultimate Green Goblin Wave and this year they released the "new" Hobgoblin wave, all featuring Spider-Man characters. I am a huge Spidey fan so I really liked both these waves and I bought all the figures except the running changes from the Green Goblin wave. For now, though, I just want to do a quick review of the Spider-Man figure from the most recent Hobgoblin wave.

All accessories
This may be my favorite Spider-Man legend to date. With so many Spider-Man Legends already existing, Hasbro had to make sure this one was unique. You can only expect collectors to buy the same characters so many times, after all. Maybe I am a sucker, but adding a swappable head, hands, and a slice of pizza for fun was all it took to convince me. That and the fact I really wanted to build the Hobgoblin build a figure. 

Last years Spidey figure was based on Andrew Garfield's suit in Amazing Spider-Man 2 so the color was a little different. This years Spidey features the classic shades of red and blue that we all know and love. Last year, Hasbro threw in an extra set of hands and this year they threw in two. My favorite part of this new figure was the swappable head that features a half way unmasked Spidey. Personally, I would love to have a Peter Parker figure but for now this is the closest we've got. The pizza accessory is a lot of fun and really fits with the more comical side of Spidey. 


This figure has the same articulation as last years but he is a bit bulkier and taller. All the joints on my figures, I have two, seem to be in good shape. I am happy with the paint application for the most part but you may be more picky than I am. My sole gripe is that I don't LOVE the sculpt on the unmasked head. I love that they included an unmasked head but something about his smile just seems off. It looks a little too cartoonish. 



I'd give this figure a 4.5 out of 5. If you collect Legends or are just a Spidey fan, it'd be a great add to your collection. It's a fun figure but if you already have other Spider-Man figures you may want to pass. You can purchase your own here: Amazon: Spider-Man Hobgoblin wave. It can also be found in the wild at Toys R US, Wal-Mart, or Target. Excelsior!


Hobgoblin VS Green Goblin waves


No comments:

Post a Comment