Monday, June 29, 2015

Top 10 : Rare and Expensive Marvel Legends


Disclaimer: I am not literally listing the most valuable Marvel Legends figures from Most expensive on but listing 10 highly sought after valuable Legends of my choosing. I am only counting figures released under the "Legends" line so no X-Men or FF classic. 

1.     Crimson Dawn Psylocke
This is the first Legend that comes to mind when you are talking rare and valuable. It is rumored that only 12 were even released; you couldn’t find this figure on eBay if you wanted to. It was supposed to be released as a variant of the Psylocke figure found in the ToyBiz Mojo wave but this was around the time toy biz sold the line to Hasbro and only a handful ended up seeing the light of day. It features Psylocke in all black uniform with a red marking over the left side of her face. If you could manage to find one, expect to spend well north of a grand.

If you are into nerdy unboxing videos…check out this guy unboxing his Crimson Dawn Pyslocke.

2.     Silver Shirt Luke Cage
Also found in the Mojo Wave, is the Silver Shirt Luke Cage figure. This figure is in the same boat as the Crimson Dawn Psylocke, supposedly only 12 exist. I don’t personally care for this figure, but it is extremely rare.

3.     ToyBiz Deadpool Series 6
Wow! This figure has jumped since I had last looked for one. Last I had looked these were selling for around a $100, I saw one sold last week for $250. Deadpool is an insanely popular character and seems to have the most intense fans so makes sense that this figure would be hot. Really all the Deadpool figures are pretty valuable. This is the most expensive Deadpool but all the others are highly sought after as well. Personally, the gray uncanny X-Force Deadpool is my favorite but I was a huge fan of that series. The other Pool figures include the blue “X-Men” Deadpool that came in a two pack with Warpath and a Hasbro Red Deadpool (variant of Uncanny X-Force) that seems to have only been released in Europe. If you look for those on eBay be careful because the majority are bootlegs.

4.     Ares Build A Figure
The whole Ares wave is expensive so that makes the Ares build a figure super pricey. This is one of my most coveted figures. I used to have a good portion of the wave but in a moment of weakness sold them! This wave was a Wal-Mart Exclusive. Currently they are selling for around $230.

5.     Crossbones – Ares Wave
I can remember seeing this figure at the store. It still pains me that I did not buy it when I had the chance. Sometimes I wish I had a time machine to go back and buy old comics and toys, imagine buying a Mint Amazing Fantasy 15 at a drugstore and bringing it in to the future…I digress…Anyways this figure easily sells for $150, which is kind of surprising because the Ares doesn’t sell for THAT much more. It is a very popular wave, 2 years ago I sold a MOC Kang and Guardian from the wave for a $100, and they would get real close to $200 today.

6.     Giant Man Build a Figure
Putting build a figures on this list may be cheating, but this is my blog and nobody reads it yet anyways! The Giant Man wave was also a Wal-Mart Exclusive so that is part of the reason it is so high, another is the simple fact that you had to buy so many figures to put him together. You had to buy nine figures to complete him. Today, he sells for $170 - $200.  I’m going to try and get the new Giant Man that is being sold at SDCC.

7.     Black Suit Spidey – Red Hulk Wave
This figure was part of the Target Exclusive wave with the Red Hulk Build a Figure. Black Suit Spidey is a classic so it’s no surprise this figure is in high demand. It is a really good looking figure; I’d love to have one. That whole wave was really cool and it produced a few valuable figures, including the Classic Wolverine and Spiral. Spidey sells for around $75 MOC.

8.     Winter Soldier Bucky/Black Widow
I hated the Winter Soldier we got for the latest Captain America movie. It was based on the film version and I just think it looks like crap. Previously, Hasbro had released a comic version Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier in a two pack with Black Widow. It was one of the Toys R Us fan two pack exclusives…you may be noticing a pattern by now. Both figures came with swappable heads and there was a black suited widow and a gray widow variant. The black suited 2 pack sells for $150 + and the gray a little lower, around $120 maybe less.

9.     Storm – Jubilee Wave
This is the most recent figure on my list. It was released in the Jubilee Wave that was exclusive through Toys R Us. I never saw these figures in the store once. I got my Wolverine, Cyclops, and Jubilee from that wave on Instagram and eBay. The Storm features her latest costume that is seen in Wolverine in the X-Men etc. and her Mohawk. I’m a big fan of Storm with a Mohawk! Expect to pay $100+ MOC. It is worth noting that part of the reason this figure is so valuable is because it contains the biggest part of the Jubilee build a figure.

10.  Emma Frost – Puck Wave
Hasbro released an Emma Frost figure a while ago but it is not very popular. You can find in MOC for under $20. This version, that was released as a Previews exclusive, is highly sought after. It is a much better looking figure but expect to pay $90-$100+.


No comments:

Post a Comment